Tom Krahe, Director at SteelGate Advisors, has more than eleven years of experience in the areas of valuation, investment banking, due diligence, forensic accounting, litigation support and financial reporting. Tom has worked closely with public and private companies in a broad range of industries including manufacturing, coal, oil & gas, construction, professional services, non-profit organizations, healthcare and others. His expertise in these areas includes mergers and acquisitions, business valuation and consulting, fraud investigations, assurance services, expert witness damage calculations, fraud risk analyses, SEC compliance, fraudulent conveyances, receiverships and other advisory services. Tom holds his FINRA Series 79 and Series 82 Registration with StillPoint Capital LLC.
Tom is a leader in SteelGate’s investment banking and business valuation groups. His background in business valuation, investment banking and forensic accounting provides business owners with unique insight into risk management, strategic business succession planning and forecasting, capital markets insights, valuation concepts and merger/acquisition opportunities.
Tom is committed to giving back to his community and currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania and is the former Treasurer for Choices Pregnancy Center.
Tom resides in Shaler with his wife Amy, four sons (Tom Jr., Keiton, Jackson and Owen) and daughter (Lucy).
Education, Certifications and Memberships
- • Grove City College, B.S., Accounting (with Honors), 2004
- • Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Pennsylvania, 2006
- • Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2012
- • Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), 2013
- • FINRA Series 79 and Series 82 Registration
- • Member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- • Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- • Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountant (PICPA)